General Practice Leadership Development Programme
This programme is designed to address the challenges of today and tomorrow in general practice.
Tuesday 14 and Wednesday 15 January 2020
Specifically designed for Practice Managers. Interactive, participant focused and provided by experts with experience in, and knowledge of, your particular challenges
How do practice managers become leaders, and use leadership to ensure their practice is sustainable, and ready to succeed in a fast-changing NHS?
What options do practices have, and what benefits can ‘at scale’ organisations bring?
What are the pros and cons of federations, super-partnerships and limited companies?
Designed for practice managers who are planning for the future, or taking up leadership roles in GP partnerships, federations, Primary Care Networks, or new integrated organisations.
Sessions are led by experienced medical and academic staff, with plenty of discussion time. Up to date case studies are used to ensure all content is relevant and specific.
Our two-day programme includes:
- NHS politics, people, and power – how are decisions that affect practices made?
- What is expected of practices as the NHS transforms, and what options do practices have?
- How to govern, communicate and engage well in larger, multi-practice organisations
- Leadership styles and approaches
- Improving resilience and personal effectiveness
- How to be influential as a practice manager
- Building a successful career
Feedback from previous participants:
"Excellent balance and breadth of course, being both comprehensive and relevant”.
"Good course content, the venue was brilliant and the guest speaker was extremely good".
"Very enjoyable and informative two days"