Getting started with RefWorks
Managing references for a large project or thesis is essential and RefWorks – the Library’s reference manager – will make the job quicker and easier. If you’re used to keeping track of references manually then RefWorks is going to be a massive time-saver!
- Create your own RefWorks account
- Import references from Library databases inc. LibrarySearch
- Organise references into folders
- Create bibliographies/reference lists in your chosen referencing style
An Introduction to tools for measuring research publication impact
Understand the tools used to measure research impact and how to identify the most influential journals for publishing.
- Understand the types of impact factors there are and their uses
- Know how to measure impact factors using Web of Science and Publish or Perish
- Understand about alternative metrics
- Publishing Open Access
A primer on literature searching
The Library’s subscriptions provide access to millions of journal articles and this workshop will show you ways to plan and carry out effective literature searches to support your research.
- Develop an effective search strategy
- Broaden or refine a search using the Library databases
- Access the full content of articles
- Save and manage searches and results
Keeping up to date with your research
As a researcher, it can be difficult to keep track of the latest research in your field – searching the Internet or browsing the journals in your subject area. However, there’s an easier way to do this and it only takes a few minutes to set-up. This Sway will explore the tools available to help you keep-up-to-date with your research.
- Understand how Library tools can make information collection easier
- Create alerts from Library subscription databases
- Understand how Social Media can be used to enhance your research
For details of training courses run by the Health Library please visit the Health Library training pages.