Explore this Section
Essential Information Skills for Research
Semester 1 2016/17
Most sessions we run at the Keele Campus take place in the Library Training Room on the Top Floor of the Keele Campus Library. View this video to see exactly where the Library Training Room is located.
For details of training courses run by the Health Library please visit the Health Library Training Pages
Unable to attend our training sessions?
- Check out our videos and guides - browse or search for them here
- If you want to find out more about using Health Information, visit the e-tutorials zone on the Health Library website
Exploring Library Search
Wednesday 28th September 2016, 12:00 - 13:00
Thursday 20th October 2016, 12:00 - 13:00
Wednesday 9th November 2016, 12:00 - 13:00
Thursday 1st December 2016, 12:00 - 13:00
This introductory session will outline the basics of how to use the new 'Library Search'
- Find print and ebooks
- Find journals and journal articles
- Manage your Library account
- Use some of the advanced features available (such as e-shelf, exporting results to reference management software)
Thursday 6th October 2016, 12:00 - 13:30
Wednesday 26th October 2016, 12:00 - 13:30
Thursday 17th November 2016, 12:00 - 13:30
Wednesday 7th December 2016, 12:00 - 13:30
Learn how to import references from databases, create bibliographies, organise your own refworks account and share your references.
Finding Journal Articles
Wednesday 12th October 2016, 12:00 - 14:00
Thursday 3rd November 2016, 12:00 - 14:00
Wednesday 23rd November 2016, 12:00 - 14:00
Thursday 15th December 2016, 12:00 - 14:00
Find out how to plan a search and get the best results by learning about the literature searching process. A session aimed at Undergraduate students.
- Devise an effective search strategy
- Broaden or refine a search on a database
- Find the full text of articles
For further enquiries on any of these courses please contact your School/Faculty Liaison Librarian directly: click here to view their contact details