Policy on fines and appeals
The Library undertakes to:
- Indicate clearly when your loan is due for return on your Library Search record.
- Enable you to check your loans online and to renew them yourself, providing another borrower does not request them and you don't owe more than £10.
- Allow you to recall material on loan to other borrowers.
- Send you a Monthly Statement - outlining the status of all your loans.
- Remind you when your loans become overdue- messages will be sent to your University email address.
- Failure to send or receive Library messages will not invalidate the date on which a loan is due for return.
- Publicise the fines rates for all categories of loan material via the web site and in printed publications.
You undertake to:
- Keep a regular check on your Library account using Library Search.
- Read Library notices carefully, they will be sent to your University email.
- Retain any self service receipts which indicate the date to which an item was borrowed.
- Look after the loans whilst they are in your care.
- Pay any charges incurred for the late return of loans or for the loss of or damage to any material borrowed by you. The University will take steps to recover outstanding debts.
- Report loss of Keele card as soon as possible - email@example.com or telephone 01782 734159
- Immediately report any unusual activity on your Library account, for example items showing on loan that you did not borrow.