Postgraduate Applied Company Research Project
The Applied Company Research Project is currently offered to students on our full time postgraduate programmes. It is offered as an alternative to completing a dissertation and allows you to apply, under competitive conditions, for a real, commercially relevant, University-agreed project for a local organisation. You will be supervised by one of our academics and the project is assessed and counts towards your degree. Projects take place for eight to ten weeks usually from late June.
The conclusion of this year's Postgraduate Applied Company Research project.
Previous students have worked on projects including;
- putting together a business plan to enable the organisation to enter into a new market place
- carrying out a feasibility study looking at market assessment, key risks and opportunities and required resources for a new venture
- conducting market research and putting together a marketing strategy for the company to increase its market share and then to devise and distribute the resulting marketing materials
- reviewing the company’s use of existing IT systems and recommending improvements in the management of work flow, management reporting and effective use of existing software
- working on a procurement strategy and helping the company to make decisions regarding supply processes and infrastructure investment