Keele Management School
Explore this Section
- KMS Home
- About Us
- Undergraduate Study
- Postgraduate Study (Full-Time)
- Postgraduate Study (Part-Time)
- Business Foundation Year
- Bursaries and Scholarships
- Student Funding
- Our People
- News and Events
- Visit KMS
- KMS videos
- Business and Enterprise
- Internships for Keele students/graduates
- Contact Us
- / Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences /
- Keele Management School /
- Postgraduate Study (Full-Time) /
- Postgraduate Applied Company Research Project
Postgraduate Applied Company Research Project
The Applied Company Research Project* is currently offered to students on our full time postgraduate programmes. It is offered as an alternative to completing a dissertation and allows students to apply, under competitive conditions, for a real, commercially relevant, University-agreed project for a local organisation. Students are supervised by a Management School academic and the project is assessed and counts towards their degree. Projects take place for 8 to 10 weeks usually from late June.
Previous students have worked on projects including;
- Putting together a business plan to enable the organisation to enter into a new market place.
- Carrying out a feasibility study looking at market assessment, key risks and opportunities and required resources for a new venture.
- Conducting market research and putting together a marketing strategy for the company to increase its market share and then to devise and distribute the resulting marketing materials.
- Reviewing the company’s use of existing IT systems and recommending improvements in the management of work flow, management reporting and effective use of existing software.
- Working on a procurement strategy and helping the company to make decisions regarding supply processes and infrastructure investment.
*Previously known as the Student Consultancy Project.