9. Summative Assessments
This section offers ways of using digital technologies to:
- Replace ‘hard-copy’ or in-class assignments with alternative (online) versions
- Create authentic assessments. Perhaps in collaboration with employers, civic society or other stakeholders
- Set group work and group presentation assessments online
- Give online and audio feedback
- Enable digital creativity and online showcase
- Choose assessments that have a digital legacy
Tips and tools for creating summative assessments using digital technologies
- You can create assignments submitted to and marked through Turnitin within the KLE Assignments:
- Deploy multiple choice questions and other forms of Blackboard tests setup through the KLE:
- Conduct live viva voces or panel assessments through MS Teams video meetings; panel cohorts can have private channels setup for discussion between themselves.
- Use Microsoft Teams to invite external participants into the assessment process, choosing employers / civic organisations etc to add an assessor voice
- Use PebblePad to create reflective and developmental portfolios: staff members can create templates for students to complete and submit through the assignments feature, and can grade and give feedback.
10 Elements of Flexible Digital Education
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.