Environmental Accounting, Ethics and Accountability
This group is aligned closely to the Institute for Sustainable Futures, conducting research in the field of corporate social responsibility (and international trade) with a particular focus on environmental and sustainable practices and reporting by firms and organizations.
Research on the environmental impacts of international trade and industrial competition also links with the Institute for Sustainable Futures, as does modelling the macroeconomic effects of energy market shocks. Cross-disciplinary research tackles sustainable alternatives, carbon reduction and stakeholder resistance and acceptance of future sustainable energy transition developments.
Research projects include:
- Engaging the community and consumer with climate action: learning from HyDeploy@Keele
- Social and environmental reporting in developing countries
- Setting and reporting Environmental Targets: Evidence from FTSE100 Index
- The differential impacts of pollution control instruments, emission taxes and permits
- Sustainable luxury, CSR and corporate reporting
- Energy market contagion
- Greenhouse gas emission and auditing practices