Explore this Section
- IT Services Home
- Assistive Facilities
- Box of Broadcasts
- File Storage
- Getting Started / E-Induction
- Google Apps
- IT Policies and Procedures
- IT Service Desk
- IT Suite & Labs
- Laptop Clinic
- Laptop Loan
- MIS Systems
- Password Changer
- Printing, Copying & Scanning
- Staff Computing
- Latest News
- Contact Us
Box of Broadcasts (BoB)
Box of Broadcasts (BoB) National is an TV and radio recording service for UK higher and further education institutions and is freely available to all staff and students at Keele.
BoB has recently undergone some major improvements including a fresh look, enhanced video quality and more powerful searching capabilities.
What is BoB?
BoB enables all staff and students at Keele to choose, record and catch-up on programmes from 60+ TV and radio channels that have been broadcast in the last 30 days. The recorded programmes are then kept indefinitely (whilst Keele remains a subscriber) and added to a growing, searchable media archive (currently at over 1 million programmes), with all content shared by users across all subscribing institutions.
The intuitive system allows users to record programmes on and off-campus, schedule recordings in advance, edit programmes into clips, create playlists, embed clips into the KLE, share what they are watching with others, search a growing archive of material, and much more.
BoB can be accessed via the Learning tab within the Keele Learning Environment (KLE) or directly at https://learningonscreen.ac.uk/ondemand. If using the BoB website, you will need to select Keele University as your home institution and log in with your Keele IT account details.
When logging into the new BoB service for the first time, you will be given the option of importing your clips and playlists from the previous system. It is strongly advised you do this as the prompt will only appear once.
- Visit the BoB website at: https://learningonscreen.ac.uk/ondemand.
- Click the SIGN IN button.
- You will be asked to select your home institution. Type "Keele University" into the search box, select it from the list and press GO.
- You will be prompted to enter you the Keele IT account details.
- Once you have logged in, you will be taken to a personalised BoB homepage, displaying your requested programmes, playlists and clips.
For more information on how to use the BoB service, please refer to the video tutorials below or click the Support tab at the top of this page.
Adding BoB content to the KLE
- Once you have chosen your video, look for the Share button.
- Scroll to Embed and copy the text that appears underneath.
- To add your video to the KLE, you'll need to create a new Item. You can add a new Item from the Build Content menu, ensuring that Edit Mode is switched on.
- Give the video a title within the Name text box.
- Look for the HTML button within the text editor toolbar. If this doesn't appear automatically, toggle the Show More button in the top right corner.
- Paste the video's embed code into the blank space and click Update.
- Press the Submit button. You should now see your video and will be available for students to view.
Further information about the service can be found in the Learning on Screen's FAQ's section:
For help and advice on using BoB, please contact your local learning technology support person or AV Services.
Requesting a programme
Using BoB clips in PowerPoint
Importing clips and playlists
Keele University has an Educational Recording Agency Plus (ERA+) licence that allows off-air recording of broadcasts. The ERA+ licence covers agreed off-site access, which is managed via Box of Broadcasts (see the relevant section in the ERA+ licence conditions) but you may only access or use BoB in the territory of the United Kingdom.