Placements and Internships
- / Placements and Internships /
- Keele Internships /
- For Students and Graduates /
- Top Tips for Success
Top Tips for Securing an Internship
- Check our website regularly
- Get your CV done before you leave Keele - get help if you need it. Application and Interview Help
- Make sure you have fully understood the role – read the job description, and be sure that you can travel to the location of the internship.
- Target your application to the role in your covering letter and CV – each internship you are interested in needs a separate cover letter.
- Send in the correct application paperwork first time! This includes a fully completed Keele Internships Application Form, an up to date CV and a targeted cover letter.
- Contact us for any queries about the role – be proactive!
- Make yourself available for interviews and make it easy for people to contact you – answer your phone/set up your voicemail!
- Prepare well for your interview – thorough preparation will help you to best showcase your skills and keep your nerves minimal on the day. Application and Interview Help
- Be receptive to application and interview feedback and action it!
- Apply as soon as you finish your exams, many roles have immediate start dates.
For help with all these points and more, check out the Application and Interview Help on our website!