JADE Student Learning Undergraduate Conference 2020
Conference date: Monday 1 June 2020 | Keele Hall Ballroom
JSLUG is an undergraduate research conference for Keele undergraduate students. You have an opportunity to research and deliver your own undergraduate conference presentation. This is a chance to pursue your own research interests without the pressure of assessment criteria, marking grids, rubrics or the pressure of having to get a particular grade. All presenters also get their abstracts, posters and photographs published in Keele’s JADE journal, giving you a publication to your name.
To see more about the 2019 conference, including videos of our presentations, visit the 2019 JSLUG Conference page here.
Five reasons for you to get involved:
1. You will have participated in a full academic conference during your time here – a great addition to any CV.
2. All presentations chosen for the event will have their abstracts published in a special Student Learning edition of the JADE journal detailing the conference proceedings.
3. You can write your paper up in full for the JADE journal. This means you will get a fully peer-reviewed journal publication to your name – you will be searchable and citable.
4. The event is fully catered and free of charge! Come along and get involved in a fully catered day of completely free academic discussion and debate. This is a great way to experience an academic conference right here at Keele!
5. Many of our presenters have gone on to present at the British Conference of Undergraduate Research and the World Congress of Undergraduate Research – this is just the start of your academic journey!
You can write and deliver a presentation on anything. It could be a favourite essay that you have written or something that you wish you had been able to write. As long as it is well-researched, it will have a place at the JADE conference.
We accept proposals for standard oral presentations, for academic poster presentations and for 5-minute lightning talks.
The Conference takes place on Monday June 1st 2020.
To be considered for this year’s conference, you need to submit a title and short (100 word) abstract detailing what you would like to cover in your presentation. You also need to indicate whether you want to deliver a verbal or poster presentation.
You can view all of our previous abstracts in the JADE journal. Simply visit the JADE journal page to learn more: The Journal of Academic Development and Education.
You can learn a lot about how to write an abstract through these.
We will accept abstracts up until midnight on February 21st.
Submit your abstract here: JSLUG Abstract Submission Form
The Conference takes place on Monday 1st June 2020.
To come along to this year’s event as an enthusiastic and intelligent audience member, you simply need to leave your details on the following form and we will be in touch closer to the event.
Dr. Chris Little will be running briefing sessions at Keele Hall throughout the academic year. This year’s events will take place on the following dates:
• 4th December 2019, 4.00-5.00pm, location Walter Moberley WM1.01
• 5th February 2020, 4.00-5.00pm, location Walter Moberley WM0.01
You can sign up to learn more about JSLUG, ask questions and see Keele Hall.
This site should have all the answers you need for all things JSLUG.
Alternatively, contact Dr Chris Little on firstname.lastname@example.org