Studio-based composition is at the heart of teaching and research tradition of Keele University Music Department. Teachers, researchers and students at both undergraduate and postgraduate level engage in creative compositional projects audio and/or audio-visual. Composition in the electronic/digital media is approached with rigorous theoretical background and is firmly based on sharing experiences between students, tutors and audiences.
- Two state of the art project studios, used to create soundtracks, music tracks, sonic arts, audiovisuals.
- Plenty of hardware and software to assist all creative needs, including interactive music.
- Wide aesthetic focus – from popular to experimental.
- Workshops with visiting composers, performers, practitioners
- Possible cross-overs between Music and Music Technology projects
- Personal portfolios built up by students across the three years degree.