Equipment and booking
We offer a range of photography and video production equipment to Media students to assist the completion of their projects. Although we hold a large selection of equipment, your eligibility to borrow certain items is subject to your course and modules.
Booking request form
You must log in using your Keele University username and password to use this form.
Not sure of the name of the item you wish to borrow? Please speak to the Media technical staff.
Portable equipment borrowing
- It is your responsibility to check the condition of all portable equipment at the time of collection. Faults that are discovered or damage incurred while you are in possession of the equipment must be reported to the Media Equipment Store as soon as possible. If equipment becomes unusable it should be returned and a member of technical staff advised of the fault/ damage
- You must not use the equipment/ facilities in a way that breaches any Keele University regulations or policy or that brings Keele University into disrepute. University regulations can be found on the Keele Website, under “Governance” and then “Act, Charter, Statutes, Ordinances and Regulations”
- Student users are not permitted to use this equipment for profit or private use without the express permission from the Program Director
- Equipment must be returned no later than the return time specified on your booking
- Each item should be returned in the condition in which it was borrowed. If you need to change any settings, ensure that the settings are set back to default before you return the item
- All equipment must be returned directly to the Media Equipment Store
- You are not permitted to hire equipment on behalf of, loan or sub hire equipment to another user
- Students who fail to comply will these conditions will be referred to the Program Director and in serious cases, can referred to the Head of School
- Students must be competent with using the lighting and studio equipment in the Studio to avoid any accidents or damages. If you are not sure how to use or adjust a piece of equipment, please ask a member of your production team who is trained to use that equipment or a member of the Media technical staff
- Any damage caused to work surfaces; walls, floors, etc may result in disciplinary action and payment of repair costs
By using Media Equipment you are agreeing to the terms and conditions of booking listed above and you accept that you are fully responsible for any and all damage or loss to the equipment in your booking.