I have been at Keele University since September 2016.
- ECO-10028 Introductory Microeconomics | Year 1 UG
- ECO-10029 Introductory Macroeconomics | Year 1 UG
- ECO-20037 Open Economy Macroeconomics | Year 2 UG
- Bloomberg terminal | Year 2 UG; Year 3 UG; PG Taught
- MPhil Agricultural Economics | University of the West Indies
- MSc Economics and Econometrics | University of Nottingham
- BSc Economics | University of the West Indies
- Higher Education: 4 years of lecturing and tutoring in economics and statistics at the undergraduate and postgraduate level in the Department of Agricultural Economics and Extension, University of the West Indies.
- Banking and Finance: 6 months in banking supervision at the Central Bank of Trinidad and Tobago.
Awards and honours:
- Keele Excellence Award nominee for teaching | 2016/2017
- University of Keele Graduate Teaching Assistant scholarship | 2016-2019
- Faculty of Food and Agriculture Award for Excellence in recognition of outstanding achievement in MPhil Agricultural Economics at the University of the West Indies | 2015
- Feature commencement speaker at the University of the West Indies, Open Campus, Pre-University Centre valedictory ceremony | 2015
- UWI postgraduate scholar | 2012-2014
- Open National Scholarship winner of Trinidad and Tobago, Business Studies category | 2007-2010
- Student Choice Award nominee for tutoring practice | 2017/2018
- Keele Excellence Award nominee for supporting teaching and learning | 2017/2018
Research and scholarship
- Energy-macroeconomy-finance nexus
Fields of specialisation:
- Applied econometrics
- Banking and finance
- Energy economics; natural resource economics
- Financial instability analysis under alternative energy market conditions: A small petroleum economy perspective
- Thomson Reuters Eikon
Workshops and training events:
- Time Series Workshop | Certificate of Attendance | Montpellier Business School, Montpellier, France | November 2017
- Lecture Series on Oil Markets and the Macroeconomy | Certificate of Completion | Centre for Applied Macro and Petroleum economics (CAMP) | BI Norwegian Business School, Oslo, Norway | June 2017
- Introduction to Teaching: Workshop 1- Contexts and Methods | Workshop 2- Microteach | Workshop 3- Portfolio Review and Continuous Professional Development | Certificate of Completion | Learning and Professional Development Centre (LPDC), University of Keele, Staffordshire, UK | September 2016 - January 2017
- Bloomberg Market Concepts (BMC) course | (Modules: Economic Indicators | Currencies | Fixed Income | Equities) | Certificate of Completion | Bloomberg Institute | October 2016
- Writing for Publication | Certificate of Participation | Centre for Excellence in Teaching and Learning (CETL), University of the West Indies, St. Augustine Campus | November 2014
- Macroeconomic Modelling and Forecasting with EViews; Microeconometrics with Stata | Certificate of Attendance | Econometrics Summer School, Clare College, University of Cambridge, UK | July 2014
- Action Research | Certificate of Participation | Centre for Excellence in Teaching and Learning (CETL), University of the West Indies, St. Augustine Campus | November 2013
- Stata School in Time Series | Certificate of Attendance | Timberlake training, Cass Business School, City University, London, UK | February 2018
- Time Series Workshop (with EViews and Stata) | Certificate of Attendance | Montpellier Business School, Montpellier, France | November 2017
Peer reviewer activities for journals and conference proceedings:
- Under Construction @ Keele journal | member of the peer review board since 2017 | https://www.keele.ac.uk/humssr/journals/underconstructionkeele/
- Caribbean Agro-Economics Society (CAES) 31st West Indies Agricultural Economics Conference Proceedings 2015 | 2015-2016 | http://www.caestt.com/index.php
- Topical Agriculture journal | Since 2014 | http://sta.uwi.edu/tropicalagriculture/index.asp
- Caribbean Agro-Economics Society (CAES) 32nd West Indies Agricultural Economics Conference Proceedings | 2017-2018 | (http://www.caestt.com/index.php)
- Financial market correlations under turbulent oil price conditions: A small energy economy perspective (with G D Legrenzi and R Heinlein) | 1st International Conference on Energy, Finance, and the Macroeconomy (ICEFM) | Montpellier Business School, Montpellier, France | 23 November 2017.
- Blessing? Curse? or Disease?: A macroeconometric characterisation of oil and gas in a natural resource-rich economy | 15th Sir Arthur Lewis Institute for Social and Economic Studies (SALISES) Conference, Hyatt Regency, Trinidad & Tobago, W.I. | 23 April 2014.
- Evaluating the dynamic relationship between the energy sector and the agricultural economy | 30th West Indies Agricultural Economic Conference, Hyatt Regency, Trinidad & Tobago, W.I. | 02 July 2013.
- Testing for hidden energy contagion in financial markets of a petroleum economy (with R Heinlein and G D Legrenzi) | 11th International Workshop on Empirical Methods in Energy Economics (EMEE 2018) | Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei at the Palazzo delle Stelline, Milan, Italy | 14-15 June, 2018
- New contagion applications for the energy-finance nexus: A higher moment approach (with R Heinlein and G D Legrenzi) | 6th International Symposium on Environment and Energy Finance Issues (ISEFI-2018) | IPAG Center for Energy Economics and Environment (IPAG Business School) and the Centre of Geopolitics of Energy and Raw Materials (Paris Dauphine University), Paris, France | 24-25 May, 2018