Working as part of the Humanities and Social Sciences Technology Enhanced Learning Team, my role encompasses:
- Providing advice and support to academic and professional services staff by encouraging innovative use of learning technologies to enhance the student experience.
- Designing and developing appropriate training, support activities and materials for delivery to academic and professional services staff, according to their individual needs and abilities, enabling them to exploit a range of learning technologies.
- Collaboration with Faculty schools to provide bespoke sessions which promote new and existing learning technologies.
- Working as part of a wider group of learning technology officers, contributing to the institutional development of TEL and collaborating with key stakeholders to fulfil related University strategic objectives.
Examples of supported technologies include:
- Learning Environments - e.g. Keele Learning Environment (Blackboard) and ePortfolio systems (e.g. PebblePad)
- Electronic Management of Assessment - e.g. Turnitin and GradeMark, Blackboard Assignments and other electronic feedback methods e.g. audio feedback/screencasting
- Lecture and Desktop Capture - e.g. Keele Playback (Opencast) and Snagit
- Box of Broadcasts (BoB)
- G Suite for Education - e.g. Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, Forms, YouTube, Hangouts, Classroom and Sites
- Student Response Systems - e.g. Socrative Pro and TurningPoint
- Other learning technologies - e.g. apps and other specialist software