Keele People frequently asked questions

Your bank account details into which your Keele salary is paid can only be accessed and amended by the Payroll & Pensions Office.

Should you wish to amend you details please complete the Change of Bank Form and forward to the Payroll & Pensions Office.

For the "Change of Bank" Form, please see:-

The automatic provision of paper payslips will cease from 1 April 2015 (your March 2015 payslip will be the last paper payslip you receive).  Staff without access to Employee Self Service (Casuals and KSS pensioners) will continue to receive paper payslips.

Log into your ESS account and your payslips can be found under the 'Pay and Benefits' tab in the navigation bar at the top of the screen or by using the Quick Links 'Show my latest payslip'

Yes - you can print your payslip. You can find out how by using the ESS User Guide.

You can print a pdf version of your payslip.  This is a certified payslip containing the University logo and will be acceptable for most purposes including evidence of earnings.  If you have specific issues with having your payslip accepted please contact the Payroll & Pensions Office.

Most banks, building societies or other mortgage lenders will accept the certified pdf version of the payslip as evidence of your earnings.

No. After you leave Keele your access to Keele People will be withdrawn. If you require access to your payslips you should print these before you leave.

Your final payslip and P45 will be sent to your current mail address held in Keele People. Please check your address is correct in Employee Self Service before you leave Keele's employment.

For tax year 2014/15 you will receive a paper based P60.  For tax year 2015/16 onwards your P60 will be available on-line in ESS.

P11D's where applicable, will be produced in paper format.

This depends on your category of staff (Keele Spine – point 22 and below - Grade 5, Operational staff, Estates or Security). Your T's & C's should confirm the rates. In general for Keele Spine staff Monday - Friday overtime is paid at Time & Half (once you have exceeded the conditioned hours for the post) and Saturday – Sunday overtime is paid at Double. For staff using ProTime and other Operational staff the overtime rate will differ and should be confirmed locally.

For Operational staff using ProTime your overtime hours will be managed by your supervisor.  For other Operational staff your overtime will be managed by your Line Manager.  For Keele Spine staff (point 22 and below - Grade 5) you can submit your overtime claim in Keele People in ESS.  Details on how to submit your Overtime claim can be found in the ESS User Guide.

Note: All overtime claims must be previously approved by your Line Manager/Head before undertaking the work where payment or time off in lieu is required.