Explore this Section
- Meet the Team
- Where We Are
- Living & Working at Keele
- People Strategy
- Recruitment and Selection Support Information
- Pay & Job Evaluation
- Salary Scales
- Human Resources A to Z
- Policies, Procedures and Guidance
- HR Survival Kit
- HR Training Zone
- Keele People
- International Staff
- Visiting Staff
- USS Pension Scheme Updates
- Trade Union Facility Time Reporting
Welcome to Keele, please read the following key information prior to joining us on your first day.
For all new staff
- Getting to Keele - visit the How to Find Us page for travel directions and maps of the campus.
- Driving to Keele - if you want to bring a car on to campus you will need a parking permit. You can find more information about staff parking on our Parking web pages.
- Right to work - please read the Right to Work Checklist
- Heath and Safety - visit the Department of Occupational Health and Safety webpages for the Health and Safety information guide, the Health and Safety Induction for new staff and VDU worksation assessment.
- Pensions - visit the Payroll and Pensions department pages to find our about pension schemes and auto enrolment. Universities Superannuation Scheme (USS) pension scheme members automatically take part in Payflex+ salary exchange scheme to reduce National Insurance contributions, visit the Payflex+ to find out more about the scheme or how to opt-out.
- The Keele Card - all new staff will receive a Keele Card which provides a range of services and discounts, visit the The Keele Card page to learn more.
- Induction - all new staff are invited to take part in the Welcome to Keele Programme about how the University works, its current priorities, and its history and culture. Further resources are also available from Organisational Development team in the New to Keele? section.
- HESA Data Collection - as a university we are required annually to send some of the information we hold about you to the Higher Education Statistics Agency (HESA), find our more about this in the HESA Data Collection Notice.
- IT Services - Usually your new line manager will arrange with you to complete an IT Registration Form in advance of your start date. In addition to work Email and systems, this account will also allow you access Employee Self Service and other services such as Wifi on campus.
- Data Protection - staff are required to comply with the university's Data Protection Act Policy.
- Staff Housing - If you are considering relocating from elsewhere in the UK or from another country, visit the Staff Housing webpages for further information about accommodation on campus.
- Gym Membership - For the first month of your employment at Keele, you are eligible to receive a free month's gym membership at Keele Sports Centre. For more information, visit Sports Centre Reception with your Keele Card.
For research staff please visit the Research Governance pages to view the Research Govenance Leaflet, Code of Good Research Practice and information relating to misconduct.
For staff with children the university offers a Childcare Voucher Scheme we also have the Keele Day Nursery on campus.