Dynamed is an evidence-based clinical reference tool, providing you with the most up-to-date information on a wide range of diseases and conditions. Available to UHNM staff, via NHS OpenAthens.
Dynamed Introduction (PDF, 453) - leaflet from the library, introducing Dynamed
How to... blog posts from our Information Skills blog:
Please note these currently refer to Dynamed Plus which has now been upgraded and renamed to Dynamed. For now these features will probably work in a very similar way. These will be replaced over time.
- Log in to Dynamed Plus
- Search Dynamed Plus
- Browse by specialty
- Access medical calculators
- Create an alert in Dynamed Plus
Dynamed mobile app
Dynamed is available as an app so that you can access it on the go.
- Go to the desktop version of Dynamed and log in with your UHNM OpenAthens username
- Create your personal Ebsco account
- Go to your app store and search for Dynamed
- Download the app from Ebsco
- Install the app and open it
- On the authenticate screen, select the option “sign in” at the top
- Sign in with your Ebsco personal account details
- Choose which installation you want
- Start searching!
These are the install options:
- Online Only: Use the app only while connected to the internet.
- Partial Install: Store text and image thumbnails on your device. Full images are available when you are connected to the internet. This option helps you save space on your device.
- Full Install: Store all DynaMed content on your device. You do not need to be connected to the internet to access content on the app.
Note: It is recommended that you are on a Wi-Fi connection for the initial download of DynaMed content as well as when updates become available.
Training and information support
For more help and training contact