Explore this Section
Dynamed, from EbscoHost, is an online evidence-based tool available to UHNM users via their NHS Athens username and password.
Dynamed is an evidence-based clinical reference tool, providing you with the most up-to-date information on a wide range of diseases and conditions; a simple and easy to use search tool helps you to find clinical summaries and guidelines as well as the latest practice-changing research.
Using Dynamed - learn more about this point-of-care, clinical reference tool
You can view online tutorials from Ebsco to get you started using Dynamed:
Dynamed WebEx presentation with Brian Alper (video) - thorough overview of Dynamed
Dynamed Basic Searching (video)
Dynamed User Guide (word document)
Dynamed Quick Help Sheet (word document)
Information Skills for Health blog - you'll find blog articles to help you to get started with Dynamed
Ebsco have released a new App for Dynamed (Feb 2015):
- Easier to install
- No serial number required
- Download the free DynaMed App from the iTunes Store or Google Play.
- Log in to DynaMed (see our Healthcare Resources page).
- Click on the DynaMed mobile access link from DynaMed and enter your email address. The link will be located at the top toolbar. An authentication key will be emailed to you.
- Open the DynaMed email from your device.
- Within 48 hours, tap on the link in the email to authenticate the app.
- Note: after 48 hours, users will need to request a new authentication key.
- Your device is ready to go!
Watch the video for a demonstration.