Support for Keele researchers
The Health Library is here to support Keele University researchers.
At the Library
- Explore the Health Library online to check what facilities we have available for you.
Support at Keele
- Keele research home page
- Keele research support - main support page for Keele researchers
- Keele research repository - search the repository to find Keele published content
- Add your content to the repository - add your own research to the repository
- Support using the repository - help to get you started using the repository
- Open Access - more information on what open access is and how it affects you as a researcher
- We advise you to contact research support if you have any queries
- campus library also offer support to Keele researchers
- Learn more about all our available resources.
- Access full-text from our Nursing and Midwifery databases.
- Access full-text from our Medicine databases.
- Investigate our Literature Searching Sites page for website to help you to complete your literature search.
- Use our current awareness pages to help you to keep up-to-date in your subject area.
- Look through our authorship subject page for helpful links.
- Request articles and books that we do not subscribe to.
- Attend training sessions - you can book onto one of our training sessions to learn how to use our resources or update your research skills.
- Complete our Getting Started etutorials to get to grips with some of our popular resources.
- Refresh your information skills and learn how to search for information effectively by completing our online tutorials.
- You can also keep up-to-date with our resources via our Information Skills for Health blog.
- Discuss your information needs with a member of our training team.
British Medical Association (BMA) - research grants
The Dunhill Medical Trust - charitable organisation providing research funding opportunities in specific areas
Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC) - funding and guidance
EU Funding - for research and innovation
The Henry Smith Charity - charitable organisation providing research funding opportunities in specific areas
Leverhulme Trust - funding opportunities
Medical Research Council Funding Opportunities - grants, calls, highlight notices, studentships and fellowships
National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) - programme grants for applied research
Nuffield Trust - funding for programmes that support research and innovation in social policy
Wellcome Trust - funding opportunities
Keele University staff and students can find more support from the University's research department.
Association of Medical Research Charities (AMRC) - membership organisation of the leading medical and health research charities in the UK
The Final Chapter from University of Leeds - an online guide to help researchers and final year students to develop the skills to help them with their research and dissertations.
Medical Research Council (MRC) - "publicly-funded organisation dedicated to improving human health. We support research across the entire spectrum of medical sciences, in universities and hospitals, in our own units, centres and institutes in the UK, and in our units in Africa"
National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) - supports research within the NHS
RCN Research and Innovation Team - "works in partnership with the RCN Research Society and other key stakeholders to promote excellence in care through research and development in the UK and internationally"; support nurses working in research
RCN Research Society - aims include "provide support to and meet the needs of members of the Research Society providing a network for sharing experiences and learning and development opportunities"
Research and development from the Department of Health - note that some sections of this website are archived
Research Councils UK - "strategic partnership of the UK's seven Research Councils"
The Wellcome Trust - support biomedical research and the medical humanities; including public engagement, education and the application of research to improve health
UK Clinical Research Collaboration - "brings together the NHS, research funders, industry, regulatory bodies, Royal Colleges, patient groups and academia in a UK-wide environment that facilitates and promotes high quality clinical research for the benefit of patients"
Vitae - support and resources for "personal, professional and career development of doctoral researchers and research staff in higher education institutions and research institutes"; includes support to develop your information searching skills via the Informed Researcher Booklet and Information Literacy Lens on the Vitae Researcher Development Framework; additional publications are available as well as other views of the Vitae Researcher Development Framework