Study Abroad for a Semester

Would you like to expand your geographical and other horizons by studying abroad for a semester or even for a whole year?

In your second year you have an opportunity to spend the first semester at one of our partner universities in a number of European countries, the USA or Canada. Because of bilateral agreements with these universities, it is possible to study both of your Keele subjects when you are abroad, and for the marks gained to be transferred directly back into your Keele degree profile. Students are selected for exchange visits partly on the basis of their academic record at Keele, so if you want to study abroad you need to be doing well in your courses at Keele.

Currently we have partners in countries such as Belgium, France, Iceland, and Sweden, as well as the USA and Canada. Language is not necessarily a barrier in Europe: for example most of the Scandinavian universities do much teaching in English.

There is also the option of going abroad for a whole year between second and third year, in what is known as year 2B.

You need to think and plan early if you are interested. The application process usually starts by attending the Global Education Fair in mid-October.

(For exact dates check with the Global Education Office).

Further information from:

GGE Courses Study Abroad Tutor 

Dr Alex Nobajas

Room : WS1.14B

Tel : 01782 (7)34962

Email : 


Keele Global Education Website