Geography, Geology and the Environment
Explore this Section
- / Faculty of Natural Sciences /
- School of Geography, Geology and the Environment /
- For Current Students /
- Geo Photo Competition
Geo Photo Competition
The Geo Photo Competition runs every year and is open to undergraduate students from Geography, Geology and Geosciences, and Environmental programmes.
|Tara Caton||Matt Eggleton||Tolga Aksoy|
The aim of the competition is to take a photograph that captures the essence of what it is like to be an undergraduate Geography, Geology and Geosciences, or Environmental programmes student at Keele University. Some examples may include photographs of fieldwork, labwork or snaps that reflect your subject from around campus.
The winner from each of the three subject areas (Geography, Geology and Geosciences, and Environmental Sciences) will be awarded a £30 Amazon voucher and their photograph will be printed and displayed in the Foyer of the William Smith Building.
The deadline for the competition is Friday 5th January 2018 and the winner will be chosen by a panel of judges.
- You must submit your photograph using Keele’s Sendfile system. See these instructions on how to use the Sendfile system to submit your photograph.
- You may only submit one photograph to the competition and you will need to state why your photograph captures the essence of what it is like to be a Geography, Geology and Geosciences, or Environmental Sciences student at Keele in no more than 180 characters.Your photos will be seen at their best, and so more likley to win, if you submit them in high resolution, so please submit the original file from your camera and not one which has been "down-sampled" for email purposes - ideally they should be no less than 150 pixels per inch at A3 size.
- Don't forget to include your name/student number and undergraduate degree subject in your submission!
Please contact Cerys Jones (email@example.com) if you have any questions.