Geography, Geology and the Environment
Explore this Section
- / Faculty of Natural Sciences /
- School of Geography, Geology and the Environment /
- For Current Students /
Dr Zoe Robinson is the GGE Careers Tutor and is available for consultation regarding careers. Please e-mail her to arrange an appointment.
Important careers information is posted on the noticeboard opposite the main lecture theatre (WS0.06). Posters advertising appointments and research posts are advertised on the main careers noticeboard on the Geochemistry corridor beyond the Cope laboratory (outside WS0.16)
Careers lectures by members of the University's careers service are arranged with student groups within the undergraduate and postgraduate programmes.
University Careers Service
The University Careers Service provides a wealth of information and guidance. Services to students include one-to-one sessions, with a drop-in service operating daily 10:00 to 12:00 and 14:00 to 16:00, group sessions and workshops, C.V. and application checks, visiting employer presentations, in addition to careers literature held in the careers library.
Some Earth Science & Geography Careers Web Sites
- Earthworks Earth Science Jobs Worldwide
- ENDS Environmental Jobs
- GEOWEB Job Search and Resume Posting
- Working Smart International Petroleum Recruitment Consultancy
- Energy Institute
- Geological Society Careers Information
- American Geological Institute Geoscience Careers Page
- Geography Jobs : a job search and job by e-mail service that is focused on bringing together geographers and employers in need of their talents.
General Careers Links
- General UK Jobs (milkround)
- Academic Jobs
- Academic and Research Jobs
- Jobs Unlimited (Guardian/Observer)
- Top Jobs
- New Scientist
- Graduate Jobs
The Green Jobs Network of Websites
The Green Jobs Network of Websites consists of specialist job boards that are wholly dedicated to recruitment in the green sector. They are user-friendly websites offering registered candidates a highly flexible and easy to use interface. The websites are as follows;