Geography, Geology and the Environment
Explore this Section
- / Faculty of Natural Sciences /
- School of Geography, Geology and the Environment /
- Research /
- Postgraduate Opportunities /
- Geology and Geoscience
PhD Research Opportunities
|Subject area:||Geology / Geoscience|
|Programme:||PhD / MPhil|
|Duration:||PhD – 3 years full-time, 6 years part-time
MPhil – 1 year full-time; 2 years part-time
|Starting Date:||Any time of the year|
|Entry Requirements:||See here|
|International entry requirements||We accept a range of qualifications from other institutions.
Standard English Language requirements apply. Details here.
'Geosystems' research in Geology / Geoscience combines expertise in geophysics, petrology, volcanology, sedimentology, structural geology and palaeontology.
It draws together experts from three internationally recognised research groups:
- Applied and Environmental Geophysics Research Group
- Basin Dynamics Research Group
- Keele Petrology Group
The Applied and Environmental Geophysics Research Group focuses on the application of geophysical techniques to engineering, environmental and archaeological problems.
Research by the Basin Dynamics Research Group ranges from sedimentary basins, their controls, fill, and subsequent deformation and inversion, to petroleum geoscience, palaeoecology and biogeography.
The Keele Petrology Group studies modern and ancient igneous (and metamorphic) systems, using a wide range of field, geochemical, isotopic, and quantitative textural techniques.
Our research is supported by the Research Councils UK, charities, as well as European and Industrial sponsors. The Basin Dynamics Research Group is a member of the NERC Centre for Doctoral Training (CDT) in Oil and Gas.
See the student opportunities on offer at Keele.
- Structural geology, basin modelling & petroleum-related research (Dr Stuart Clarke, Dr Stuart Egan)
- Palaeontology (Dr Michael Montenari)
- Igneous petrology and volcanology (Dr Ralf Gertisser)
- Igneous and metamorphic petrology (Dr Ralf Halama)
|Tel :||(+44) 01782 734331|