I want to report a fault

The Estates Help Desk provides a central point of contact for all customers to request maintenance repairs and progress their job requests.

What Information do I need to provide to report a fault?

Anybody requesting work will be asked for the following details:

  • Originator (Name)
  • Department
  • Contact Telephone number
  • Building
  • Location (Level and Room number)
  • A clear description of the fault / defect
  • Valid Rechargeable Account Code (where applicable)

Please see the the following sections to find out how to report maintenance requests.

University Departments and Schools

To report a fault:

University department resident in a Science Park Building (IC1 & IC6)

Please report to the relevant IC reception, see Science Park Tenants section for further info.

All other University Departments and Schools

Contact the Estates Help Desk

Telephone: 01782 733137 Internal ext: 33137
Fax: 01782 714695
Office Hours: Monday to Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm

Out of Hours Emergency Requests Only
Contact Keele Security

Telephone: 01782 733004
Internal: 33004

Staff Housing Clients

In Office Hours contact The Staff Housing Team at accommodation.staffhousing@keele.ac.uk or call 01782 734330

For Emergency Out of Hours Service then please call Security on 01782 733004

The Staff Housing Team will then contact the Help Desk or appropriate section on your behalf to arrange any required action.

For more information why not take at look at the Staff Housing Pages 

Science Park Tenants

You can report a fault in the following ways:

  • Contact a Building Reception:
    • IC1 External - 01782 667000 Internal - 33778
    • IC2 External - 01782 667098 Internal - 33779
    • IC3 (no reception) contact IC4 reception
    • IC4 External - 01782 443000 Internal - 33842
    • IC5 (no reception) - contact IC4 reception
    • IC6  - use the Self Service Desk

The IC buildng receptionist, will contact the Help Desk on your behalf to arrange and required actions.