Heritage Open Day 2020

North Staffordshire was founded on the site, and became Keele University in 1962. Families and children may enjoy the woodland walks; the tours and Raven Mason will be of historical interest and some older children may find them interesting. The Keele estate was owned by the Sneyd family and the first Keele Hall was built in 1580 and rebuilt to Anthony Salvin’s design in 1855-1860. There will be guided tours of the Hall. The Raven Mason Collection based in Keele Hall will be open for visitors to view an exhibition of Mason’s Ironstone China and Porcelain.

The campus has over 600 acres of landscaped grounds, farmland, woodland and University buildings and facilities. There are leaflets for self-guided walks around the campus and arboretum.


Event date
Event Time
Keele Hall
Contact email
Contact telephone
01782 734340