Heritage open day
The Keele estate was owned by the Sneyd family and the first Keele Hall was built in 1580 and rebuilt to Anthony Salvin’s design in 1855-1860. There will be guided tours of the Hall. The Raven Mason Collection based in Keele Hall will be open for visitors to view an exhibition of Mason’s Ironstone China and Porcelain.
The Chapel is open to visitors around services. Designed by George Pace and consecrated in 1965, it is the first purposedesigned ecumenical place of worship in the UK involving both Protestant and Catholic traditions. There is an Anglican/ Free Church Communion service at 10.15am and Catholic Mass at 12.30pm, visitors are welcome to these services or to view the Chapel from 1:30pm onwards.
The campus has over 600 acres of landscaped grounds, farmland, woodland and University buildings and facilities. There are leaflets for self-guided walks around the campus and arboretum. In 1949 the University College of North Staffordshire was founded on the site, and became Keele University in 1962. Families and children may enjoy the woodland walks; the tours and Raven Mason will be of historical interest and some older children may find them interesting. There will be no specific provision for children.
Drinks and snacks will be available in Keele Hall. The Hall is used for conferences and special occasions. Colleagues will be available to discuss these opportunities.
- Event date
- Event Time
- Keele Hall
- Box Office
- Contact email
- Contact telephone
- 01782 734340