Updated 1 September 2021
The Sports Centre is now open in line with government guidance for gym use, fitness classes & facility bookings. As always, our priority is the safety and well-being of our customers & staff, so we will be gradually returning to normal and following university guidance on remaining restrictions in place. The university's level of operation will be Level 2 from 1 September 2021, to find out more about this, please click here.
Memberships are now live, you can purchase yours by heading to our Sports Centre reception on campus or calling our Sports Centre reception on 01782 733368. Our most popular membership is the Academic Gym membership, which is just a one off payment of £158 from 1 September 2021 - 31 August 2022 (working out at less than £14 a month) and also includes the UNIversal BUCS membership.
Fitness classes are now back Monday - Friday, you can find our fitness class timetable here. Please note we will be updating our timetable and adding classes before Welcome Week 2021. Tennis, Outdoor Basketball, Beach Volleyball, Table Tennis & Badminton sessions are also available.
For all gym sessions, fitness classes & outdoor bookings, please book these in advance through our online booking form, or call the Sports Centre reception 01782 733368. Our fitness classes, gym use and one-off facility bookings are now available to everyone. If you have a block booking query, please contact email@example.com.
Keele's grounds and public spaces are available for individuals to use and enjoy in line with the current government guidance on outdoor recreation.
As we take cautious steps towards returning to normal we appreciate your continued support and understanding, please keep an eye on our social media and webpages for further updates.
We will continue to also provide online support for your fitness journey, with challenges, live classes, activities and motivation. Please follow us on social media for more information.
For any enquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Any AU teams can contact their captains or the AU for updates.
Alderton & Walshaw Sports Halls
- We have 2 Sports Halls each marked out with four badminton courts, five-a-side football, netball, basketball and cricket.
- Both include spectator galleries making them perfect for tournaments.
- Both sports halls can be hired on an hourly basis. Please contact the Sports Centre for details
- 5 courts are available to hire which are split into 3 enclosed and 2 glass back courts with viewing and spectator seating.
- A total of 18 bikes are available, booking is essential.
- Keele Bouldering wall is unique to the region and is approximately 5m high and 22m across
- No specialised climbing equipment or experience is needed
- Marked out with one badminton court and 3 fencing areas.
- Multi-functional room suitable for exercise classes which can be hired on an hourly basis.
- Sprung wooden floor, ideal for martial arts & fitness classes
Outdoor 3G pitches
- 1 full size football 3G pitch, including four 5 a side pitches
- 1 small 3G multi use games area
Beach Volleyball courts
- 3 full size beach volleyball courts
Outdoor Basketball courts
- 2 full size outdoor basketball courts
Outdoor Netball courts
- 4 full size netball courts
Sand based astro pitch
- The Astro Turf can be used as a full sized hockey/football pitch or can be spilt into 3 six-a-side pitches separated by nets
- We have 4 recently refurbished Tennis Courts used for BUCS matches which can also be hired per hour on a casual basis.
- We have 2 Grass Rugby Pitches which are exclusively used for BUCS and student matches.
- Complete with goals
- We have 1 Grass Cricket Pitch which are exclusively used for BUCS and student matches.
- We have 2 Lacrosse Pitches available which is exclusively used for BUCS and student matches.
- All classes require booking and payment in advance.
- Please arrive at least 10 minutes before the class starts. All customers must sign in at the sports centre reception.
- All exercise classes are included free of charge for those on the yearly and three month memberships.
- All class bookings cancelled within 24 hours or not attended will incur a charge for the class (this includes members on all inclusive memberships).
- Please bring a towel to all classes and please inform the class instructor of any relevant medical conditions before the class starts.
Indoor and outdoor changing rooms
In total 12 outdoor changing are available exclusively for use of BUCS teams using the outdoor facilities. We also have separate indoor changing rooms including lockers for those wishing to use our indoor facilities with smaller changing rooms situated in the fitness centre.
All changing rooms are complete with toilet and shower facilities.