Alderton & Walshaw Sports Halls
- We have 2 Sports Halls each marked out with four badminton courts, five-a-side football, netball, basketball and cricket.
- Both include spectator galleries making them perfect for tournaments.
- Both sports halls can be hired on an hourly basis. Please contact the Sports Centre for details
- 5 courts are available to hire which are split into 3 enclosed and 2 glass back courts with viewing and spectator seating.
- A total of 18 bikes are available, booking is essential.
- Keele Bouldering wall is unique to the region and is approximately 5m high and 22m across
- No specialised climbing equipment or experience is needed
- Marked out with one badminton court and 3 fencing areas.
- Multi-functional room suitable for exercise classes which can be hired on an hourly basis.
- Sprung wooden floor, ideal for martial arts & fitness classes
Outdoor 3G pitches
- 1 full size football 3G pitch, including four 5 a side pitches
- 1 small 3G multi use games area
Beach Volleyball courts
- 3 full size beach volleyball courts
Outdoor Basketball courts
- 2 full size outdoor basketball courts
Outdoor Netball courts
- 4 full size netball courts
Sand based astro pitch
- The Astro Turf can be used as a full sized hockey/football pitch or can be spilt into 3 six-a-side pitches separated by nets
- We have 4 recently refurbished Tennis Courts used for BUCS matches which can also be hired per hour on a casual basis.
- We have 2 Grass Rugby Pitches which are exclusively used for BUCS and student matches.
- Complete with goals
- We have 1 Grass Cricket Pitch which are exclusively used for BUCS and student matches.
- We have 2 Lacrosse Pitches available which is exclusively used for BUCS and student matches.
- All classes require booking and payment in advance.
- Please arrive at least 10 minutes before the class starts. All customers must sign in at the sports centre reception.
- All exercise classes are included free of charge for those on the yearly and three month memberships.
- All class bookings cancelled within 24 hours or not attended will incur a charge for the class (this includes members on all inclusive memberships).
- Please bring a towel to all classes and please inform the class instructor of any relevant medical conditions before the class starts.
Indoor and outdoor changing rooms
In total 12 outdoor changing are available exclusively for use of BUCS teams using the outdoor facilities. We also have separate indoor changing rooms including lockers for those wishing to use our indoor facilities with smaller changing rooms situated in the fitness centre.
All changing rooms are complete with toilet and shower facilities.