Step up with your department, friends or family and take on one of our challenges-all from the comfort of your own home. All challenges are open to staff and students!
Brit 2021 - completed
Raise positive awareness for mental health and take on the Brit 2021 challenge from home.
Keele University is taking on the Brit 2021 mental health, fitness and wellbeing challenge, and we need you!
- New challenge coming February 2022!
- Completed by Mental Health awareness week 2021 by over 40 staff members. An incredible 21,629 miles were travelled by the teams in various ways, the original target was 2,021 miles.
- Led through a Microsoft teams community to support teams, we held mini competitions throughout to help individuals feel more comfortable exercising in their own way, as well as discovering new ways of getting active.
- We used this challenge to help us raise positive awareness and vital funds for a collaboration of mental health charities that support young adults.
- If you are interested in learning more about what happened with this challenge & similar challenges in the future please contact Naomi (email@example.com)
- If you want to donate, please follow this link to our fundraising page: https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/KeeleUniversitySU
Virtual 5k Challenges
Join our virtual Couch to 5k group to get active at an achievable pace.
- Join the Keele running community with our Virtual Couch to 5k & running support group.
- These running networks are perfect for all running/ fitness abilities.
- Join our teams group for weekly check ins & updates on your very own Couch to 5k programme - perfect for those starting to run for the first time.
- You can also join us on Strava and log your runs. Run your own 5k route anywhere at your own pace. Feel free to walk, jog or run the distance - whatever you choose. We set up monthly runs to encourage you to give it a try & encourage others taking part,
If you would like to take part in Virtual 5k run, please join our club on the Strava App (Keele Running), click to attend the event, share your run and post a picture.
If you would like to join our Couch to 5k support groups, please follow the link to join:
Fitness Tracker Challenge
Helping you get your steps in.
- Want help in keeping your department active while at home?
- We are taking on teams or departments to compete against each other using your phones, fitness trackers or pedometers to count your steps.
- Will you be crowned champion of your department?
- Email Naomi (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more details or to sign up for September!