Frequently Asked Questions
Are you thinking of offering an activity but need a little more information?
Stoking Curiosity is a festival aiming to nurture a community of curious people in Stoke-on-Trent and Staffordshire. It’s a place to spark ideas and get involved in research together by building Community--University partnerships
It isn’t about just listening to someone else talk. It is not just a showcase of academic expertise led by Universities.
Stoking Curiosity is for anyone who is curious about anything!
- People coming along by themselves, with friends, with family
- Community and voluntary groups and organisations
- Businesses and enterprises
- Students and staff from universities
- People of all ages and backgrounds (some events might be suitable for certain age groups.)
The festival is about interesting stuff!
- Asking and debating questions about the world, about life
- Having a go, trying things out, sharing ideas around the environment, the human body and mind, art, history, ceramics, the planets and much more
- Joining researchers from the Universities to do some research or quizzing them about it
- Making connections between communities and Universities: it’s about breaking down barriers to make sure everyone can take part
The festival is co-organised by a partnership between the communities of Stoke-on-Trent, Stoke-on-Trent City Council and Keele and Staffordshire Universities.
If you have any more questions, or want to arrange a site visit, email firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 01782 734908