Current Students 2021/22
It’s that time again, to apply for your accommodation for the next academic year. We’ll be sending you updates and information, so please remember to check your emails regularly, (including your SPAM and junk mail), so you don’t miss the application deadline. If the deadline date is missed you may not get accommodation on campus.
Are you eligible to apply?
Priority for accommodation is given to the groups below, but an application must be made between 1st and 5th March 2021:
- Full-time Postgraduate students
- Any student with a disability or health issue (supported by Disability Services)
- Students who are care leavers or estranged from their families
- Students going into second year studying medicine
- Students undertaking a 4 year course (including the Foundation Year and Pharmacy) and proceeding to second year of study
- Students whose family home is outside of the UK
- Students going into final year of study and your family home is within the UK
If you’re going into your final year you can apply for campus accommodation and we expect to be able to accommodate most applicants.
Current First Year Students
There may be a second round of applications after the above groups are allocated and offered which would mean that students going into their second year (current first years not in the any of the above groups) may apply. We don’t know if or how many campus bedrooms will be available at this stage and if the number of applications exceeds the number of rooms, these would be balloted.
Don’t worry we’ll email you to confirm this in late March, so that you’ll have plenty of time to sign up for off campus accommodation.
NB: Priority would be given to:
- First year students currently living off campus – make sure your current address is updated via the KLE, otherwise this could affect your application.
- Have a look at our halls of residence, take a look at our virtual tours, which show the specific types of rooms. Remember to also check kitchen and bathroom sharing ratios within the different halls. We recommend that you choose 3 different room types/halls – your choices must be different, or you may not get ANY of your preferences. If you are planning to stay on campus for summer 2022 you may want to apply for a 51-week tenancy. This will mean that you will not have to move rooms for the summer. This option is not available if you are in your final year of an undergraduate course.
- If you have a health issue that impacts your accommodation needs and you are not already registered with Disability Support, please contact them before 28th February 2021. You will need to provide supporting medical evidence with a diagnosis of your condition. You can book an appointment or email Disability Support who will be able to check your requirements and, if needed, support your application for accommodation. If you are already supported for your accommodation by the Disability Support team, you do not need to contact them or renew this. However, you can still contact them if you have any questions or would like confirmation. Please note: you will still need to submit an application for campus accommodation when applications open.
- Please ensure you do not have any outstanding accommodation debts and all your fees are paid and up to date. We cannot accept any applications who still have outstanding accommodation debts. If you have any concerns, please speak to the Income Office about a payment plan.
- Applications are made via the Accommodation portal during the window – for 2021/22 applications, this is 1st to 5th March 2021.
- You can access the Accommodation portal via the KLE, just click The Office, Accommodation and then Proceed to the Accommodation booking system.
- If you are considering applying as part of a group, all applicants need to be in the same year of study.
- Group applications are limited to 4 students.
- All group members must submit an online application.
- Please choose a distinctive group name that is simple and original, and ensure all group members use this same group name on their application, so be careful with the spelling, as our system will only pick up those in the same name group.
- If you are applying as a mixed gender group, it may not be possible to accommodate males and females in the same block or floor.
By Monday 15 March 2021, we will respond to your application; if we have made you an offer, you will have 3 days to decide whether you want to accept it, beginning the day after you receive it (i.e. receive the offer on Monday 15th March, accept the offer by Thursday 18th March). Please remember that once you accept your accommodation contract you are legally bound to pay all fees.
- Once you have accepted your accommodation online you will have a 7-day cooling off period – this means that if you change your mind within 7 days of accepting the accommodation offer you can be released from the contract, but you must notify the Student Accommodation Office of this via email within the 7-day cooling off period. After the 7-day cooling off period, you are financially liable for the accommodation fees for the whole of the occupancy period (until the contract ends).
- If you accept our offer of accommodation, you will need to pay £450 by 31st August 2021. This payment consists of a £150 room deposit that is refundable when you leave (less any charges for damage) and a £300 advance payment which will be deducted from your first instalment of accommodation fees.
Find off campus property adverts at keelestudentpad. The StudentPad site is run by the Accommodation Office and advertises individual private landlord properies as well as several private Student Halls which are similar to on campus provision. It is regularly updated and includes recent property reviews and has a forum to help arrange suitable house shares.