How we allocate
The criteria we use to allocate our student accommodation to new students (Freshers) is designed to be as fair and efficient as possible given the high demand that we recieve. You may find it useful to make yourself aware of these details should you wish to apply for student accommodation.
- To be fair to all applicants, allocation is made randomly by computer based upon your preferences.
- We only allocate a room after your offer changes to Firm.
- We allocate in two stages – one in mid July to Unconditional applicants and the other after A Level results in August which continues until the start of term.
- Firm applicants are allocated, followed by Insurance and then those coming via Clearing.
- We make every effort to offer you as high a preference as possible, unfortunately we cannot guarantee that you will get one of these.
- Gender and age mix – we normally allocate a mix of male and female students in blocks with shared facilities to different floors. We have some standard accommodation and shared flats that are single gender.
- You should read through your offer and think carefully before accepting it.
- If you decline or fail to accept your offer you may not be made another one, except in exceptional circumstances.
- If you are supported on medical/disability grounds for a certain type of room or for a particular location, you will be prioritised for an offer and these are treated on a case by case basis. However for applicants coming via the clearing process this is not always possible.
- We will contact you via email regarding your offer of accommodation so would recommend that you don’t change your email address after accepting your place on a course. We also recommend that you DO NOT use your school or college email address since this may cause a delay.