Congratulations to the Class of 2020
With graduation ceremonies postponed this year due to the Covid-19 pandemic, we instead would like to invite all staff and students to come together virtually on Wednesday 15 July to celebrate the accomplishments of the Class of 2020, and for some, to say farewell to Keele.
On Wednesday 15 July we’ll be holding a day of celebrations across social media to celebrate the hard work and achievements of the Class of 2020.
During the day we’ll share messages and video highlights from our students' time at Keele, as well as congratulatory messages from staff, KeeleSU, the KPA, alumni, and honorary graduates.
There will also be an hour dedicated for students to celebrate with their schools and lecturers, as well as a postgraduate hour.
These online celebrations are by no means a replacement for formal graduation ceremony, which we plan to host in 2021, but we hope that it goes some way to show how proud we are of our students' achievements.
How can I get involved?
- The Class of 2020 are invited to send in their photos and memories of their time at Keele, which will be made into a Class of 2020 montage video and added to a virtual year book. Please email these to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Have someone to thank? Send us your messages and we'll read them out live on the day - or record your own video for us to share!
- Keele staff and alumni are also invited to send in short videos congratulating the Class of 2020
- Students who are celebrating with their families and loved ones can use #KeeleClassOf2020 to share messages of thanks and hopes for the future
- Download our Instagram frames, and video call background, and celebrate with friends (coming soon!).
Timetable of the day
- 10am Help us get #KeeleClassOf2020 trending by using it to share photos and memories on social media
- 11am First Facebook Live of the day, with congratulatory messages from staff, KeeleSU, and honorary graduates
- 12noon Celebrate with your friends and families, and share photos using #KeeleClassOf2020
- 2pm School celebrations hour - your school will be in touch with further details
- 3pm Postgraduate hour, with a Facebook Live chat with representatives from the KPA