Community Animation & Social Innovation Centre
Explore this Section
- CASIC Brochure
- Summer School 2018
- Summer School 2017
- CASIC Internal Launch
- Working Paper Series
- The International launch of CASIC
- Connected Communities Festival
- A Leverhulme project - Knowledge co-production with Special Schools
- Past Events
- Future Events
- Press Releases
- Contact the Centre
Stop press! Bursaries available
We are pleased to announce that we have received funding from the AHRC Northwest Consortium Doctoral Training Partnership to allow us to award up to 15 bursaries for students and early career researchers. The bursaries will cover the course fees only, and not travel or accommodation (however, you may be able to claim these expenses from your institution's training budget). The bursaries are competitive - please complete this online form to apply. The deadline is 2 June 2017 and PhD students will need to include a short statement of support from their supervisor.
Creative Methods for Research and Community Engagement Summer School
6-8 July 2017
CASIC is pleased to announce this exciting new Summer School which will be taking place for the first time in July 2017.
The Summer School will be held in central England at the New Vic Theatre, Newcastle-under-Lyme (6-7 July) and Keele University campus (8 July), where you will experience the KAVE (https://www.keele.ac.uk/pharmacy/digital/kave/) and our Makerspace facilities (https://www.keele.ac.uk/make/).
The full programme can be viewed here.
The facilitator will be Dr Helen Kara, author of Creative Research Methods in the Social Sciences:A Practical Guide.
Speakers will include:
· Professor Mihaela Kelemen – CASIC Director
· Dr Lindsay Hamilton – Keele Management School, Keele University
· Véronique Jochum – Research Manager, National Council for Voluntary Organisations
· Dr Emma Surman – Keele Management School, Keele University
· Dr Ceri Morgan – School of Humanities, Keele University
· Professor Rajmil Fischman - School of Music, Keele University
· Sue Moffat - Director of New Vic Borderlines, New Vic Theatre
The Summer School will enlighten, inspire and guide ECRs and students at all stages of scholarly or professional doctorates. Each day will be packed with interactive hands-on sessions addressing six broad topics:
· Arts-based research
· Transformative research frameworks
· Mixed-methods research
· Knowledge co-production
· Research using technology
· Writing creatively for research
We are offering an "early bird" price of £230 for bookings received and paid by 31st May. After that date the price will be £270. The cost includes refreshments and lunches and a complementary copy of Dr Kara's book on creative research methods.
There will be a dinner and performance of 'Around the world in 80 Days' at the New Vic Theatre on July 6th, at an extra cost of £20.
To book a place please click here
Please follow #CRMSS17 on Twitter for pre-event updates.
Download flyer:CASIC Summer School Flyer