Explore this Section
- Business Home
- New Keele Deal
- Keele Research and Innovation Support Programme
- Leadership and Continuing Professional Development
- Healthcare & Medical Technology Business Support
- Smart Energy Network Demonstrator
- Placements and Internships
- Keele University Science & Innovation Park
- Knowledge Transfer Partnerships
- Licensing Opportunities
- Careers and Employability
- Keele Conferences & Events
- News and Events
- Current Vacancies
- Contact Us
- Services for Business
Keele Research and Innovation Support Programme (KRISP)
The Keele Research and Innovation Support Programme (KRISP) has been designed to support businesses that are thinking about, or are currently in the process of, developing a new product, process or service. By providing dedicated human resource and academic expertise, we can deliver the expertise, focus and processes that will help your business innovate and grow.
KRISP, which is part-funded through the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) as part of the England 2014 to 2020 European Structural and Investment Funds (ESIF) Growth Programme, can provide expert personnel and financial support in order to help businesses achieve and exceed their goals.
Over a ten-week period, businesses will benefit from the support of a fully-funded Innovation Team. Collaborating with you on a part-time basis, the Team consists of:
- An Innovation Advisor: who will work with you to scope and define the project brief, supervise the work of RD&I Associates and input research expertise and subject knowledge where necessary;
- Research, Development and Innovation (RD&I) Associates: a dedicated resource, working 100 hours on the business innovation;
- A Business Engagement Manager: your dedicated point of contact for the duration of the project and beyond. They can also broker other resources where necessary;
- Additional academic expertise: to ensure the project reaches its full potential, the expertise of the wider Keele University workforce can be drawn on where necessary.
Businesses can apply for grants of up to £2,000 to invest towards further research or development of the product, process or service that is worked on during the 10-week period.
The programme is open to small- to medium-sized UK businesses in the Stoke-on-Trent and Staffordshire area that have an innovative idea that has the potential to grow the business. This is ideal for businesses that do not currently have the human resource to take their innovation forward.
Research suggests that small- to medium-sized UK businesses do not invest sufficiently in research, development or innovation due to a lack of dedicated human resource. By providing the additional personnel and academic expertise, the Keele Research and Innovation Support Programme aims to support businesses in bringing their innovative products and services to the market quicker than would have otherwise happened.
The programme is free to SMEs – the only cost is your time. However, if you take advantage of the optional grant to further develop your product, process or service, this will need to be matched by the participating SME.
When does it run?
The Keele Research and Innovation Support Programme runs from November 2016 until May 2019.
How to apply
For more information on the opportunities available, please contact one of the Business Gateway team:
- by email: email@example.com
- by telephone: 01782 733001