Memorial Tree

Les Roberton

Superintendent of Chemistry Labs 1950 - 1971

Nan Roberton

Students Union 1957 - 1971

Les and Nan Robertson plaque

A Flowering Cherry Prunus 'Mikuruma-gaeshi' in the Memorial Garden, was dedicated to their memory. Planted by Bill Stevenson (Class of 1967) and Ann Stevenson (nee Roberton) in memory of their parents. When Harold Springall, the founding Professor of Chemistry, came to Keele from Manchester in 1949, Les Roberton accompanied him with his wife Nan. Their daughter Ann grew up on campus and married 1967 graduate Bill Stevenson. A plaque reads " In loving memory of our parents; Les Roberton Superintendent of Laboratories Chemistry Dept 1950-1971 and 'Nan' Roberton Student Union 1957 - 1971; Very Happy years; Ann, Peter and Families". Square K11, compartment 24B, tag 4186.