What we provide and what you need to bring

In each Hall of Residence we provide all the facilities to help with independent living during your time at Keele. 

Please note that the cleaning package for 2021/22 includes communal areas, kitchens and ensuite bathrooms only. Communal areas are cleaned weekly and ensuites are cleaned fortnightly.

Student Accommodation Kitchen Internal Your room has the furniture indicated for the room type you have been allocated. You will need to provide your own duvet and pillow and will need to bring your own bed linen and towels – plus whatever creature comforts to add the finishing touches to your new home!

The kitchens are equipped for self-catering with many, ‌but not all, having microwaves. ‌You will need to provide crockery, cutlery and cooking utensils, but try not to bring excessive amounts. Rice cookers may be used in the kitchens. Irons and ironing boards are not provided.

All electrical items that you use in your accommodation must have a Kitemark.

You cannot bring the following items:

  • Kettle
  • Electrical 2 ring hob
  • Fridge (If you have a medical requirment for a fridge in your room, you should register this with Disability Support and one will be provided for you)
  • Freezer
  • Deep fat fryers
  • Barbecue
  • Microwave (unless you keep it in the kitchen)
  • Heater
  • Electric blanket
  • Candles
  • Oil burners
  • Curtains
  • Furniture
  • Fairy lights (CE kite marked LED allowed if purchased in the UK)
  • Fireworks
  • Pets (including fish)

If you are coming to the UK from another country please see the booklet on how to Adapt Your Electrical Equipment For Safe Use.

Pots, pans and bedding packs

You can pre-order a bedding pack or kitchen starter pack now.

You simply place your order direct with Chaffinch and your items will be delivered to your room before you arrive.

Please ensure that you put your student number in the box along with your full name.