the School of Computing and Mathematics
School of Computing and Mathematics
- Faculty of Natural Sciences >
- School of Computing and Mathematics >
- Staff >
- Academic >
- Dr Gordon Rugg
Dr Gordon Rugg
My first degree was in French and Linguistics, from Reading University; my PhD was in Experimental Psychology, from Reading University. I have worked in a variety of fields, including English lecturing, field archaeology, artificial intelligence, information retrieval, and human factors. I am a Senior Lecturer in Computer Science at Keele University, and a visiting Senior Research Fellow in Computer Science at the Open University.
My current research interests include the following.
- Elicitation methods across disciplines, including e-commerce, healthcare, public opinion research and education
- Modelling knowledge, particularly semi-tacit knowledge and the interactions between tacit knowledge and other knowledge types
- Testing knowledge, mainly via the Verifier approach
- Teaching knowledge, particularly semi-tacit knowledge likely to be missed in formal education
I am particularly interested in long-standing multidisciplinary problems which involve difficult theory and significant practical implications.
- CSY-30001 - Advanced Information Systems
- CSC-40012 - Project - computer science
- CSC-30013 - Third Year Project