Explore this Section
- Individual Research Institutes – Before submitting an application to undertake a research degree at Keele, you are advised to contact the respective Research Institute. This will allow you to discuss your research proposal, supervision and entry to the research programme.
- Qualifications and experience – any academic and professional qualifications or industrial experience you may have are normally taken into account, and in some cases form an integral part of the entrance requirement
- Research programmes – entry to our research programmes usually requires a Honours degree with a first or 2.1 classification, or the equivalent if you have been educated outside the UK.
- Non-standard qualifications – if your qualifications are non-standard or different from the entry requirements stated, please contact the relevant Research Institute to discuss whether your application would be considered.
- Entry on to many programmes is highly competitive; consequently we also consider the skills, attributes, motivation and potential for success of an individual when deciding whether to make an offer.
- After we have received your application you may, if you live in the UK, be invited for an interview or to visit us to discuss your application.
- For Management subject areas all candidates must provide a statement as to how the proposed research fits within the research interests of the staff at Keele. This must be provided before applications are considered.