Explore this Section
Postgraduate Open Day Saturday 9 March 2013 11am – 3pm
Thinking of a Science MSc? – See what Keele has to offer.
Come along to our Postgraduate Open Day for the Faculty of Natural Sciences at Keele University on Saturday 9th March 2013, 11-3pm in the Claus Moser Building.
Reasons to choose Keele:
- Keele University is located centrally within the UK, in North Staffordshire, between Manchester and Birmingham, and less than 2 hours by train to London.
- Keele is 3rd in England for employability of graduates 2011 in the Higher Education Statistics Agency (HESA) graduate employment table (excluding the small specialist institutions)
- We came 5th in the National Student Survey of UK universities for overall student satisfaction with an exceptionally high score of 91%, exceeding the national overall satisfaction rate of 85%
- In the most recent national Research Assessment Exercise, 85% of our research was classified as world leading or of international importance
- We were voted in the top 10 of Britain's most intellectually stimulating universities by the Telegraph (October 2012)
- Our Students’ Union is ranked the 4th top Student Union in the UK for nightlife (‘Which?’ University)
What will be available on the day?
An opportunity to meet the Course Directors
We take a very personal approach to our Postgraduate Open Day. All the Postgraduate Course Directors are on hand to talk to you about the courses and give you a tour of the facilities. You will be welcomed with coffee and a chance to chat to current postgraduate students as well as joining other activities such as a tour of campus, or talks on employability. You can also take the opportunity to view postgraduate accommodation and have your questions answered regarding student finance and the local area.
We offer courses in the following areas:
Biomedical Blood Science, Chemical Sciences (new for 2013!), Counselling, Psychology, Environmental Sustainability & Green Technology, Information Technology, and Project Management, as well as a range of pathways in Scientific Research Training with international placements.
See the following page for further details: www.keele.ac.uk/unique
In addition if you register to attend online and then turn up on the day you will be entered into a competition to win an Amazon Kindle!
Come along to hear about the innovative range of postgraduate programmes the Faculty of Natural Sciences has to offer. The Open Day is an excellent opportunity to meet with academic staff and current postgraduate students who will be available to answer your questions throughout the day. Find out what makes Keele University a unique place to study.
Fill in the Booking Form to book your place.
The Open Day Programme includes:
- Welcome to the Faculty of Natural Sciences including Q&A Session
- Tour of campus
- Meet with Course Directors for informal discussions
- Careers and Employability Presentation
You will also have the opportunity to discuss funding opportunities and employment prospects for postgraduate students with members of staff.
We offer a range of postgraduate programmes which can directly enhance your career development:
- MSc Biomedical Blood Science
- MSc Child Social Development
- MSc Clinical Psychological Research
- MSc Chemical Sciences
- MSc Counselling Psychology
- MSc Environmental Sustainability & Green Technology
- MSc Information Technology & Management
- MSc Internet and Web Technologies
- MSc Molecular Parasitology & Vector Biology
- MSc Project Management
- MSc Psychology
- MSc Psychology of Health and Wellbeing
- MSc Biosciences Research Training with international placement
- MSc Neuroscience Research Training with international placement
- MSc Forensic Science Research Training with international placement
- MSc Chemistry Research Training with international placement
- MSc Geoscience Research Training with international placement
- MSc Mathematics Research Training with international placement
To book your place please complete the online booking form.
Location of Faculty of Natural Sciences Postgraduate Open Day:
Claus Moser Building Foyer, University of Keele, Keele, Staffordshire, ST5 5BG .
General Enquiries and Applications:
If you require further information on any of our programmes please visit the University’s postgraduate pages. For UK/EU applicants please email: email@example.com . For international applicants please email: firstname.lastname@example.org