Explore this Section
- Alumni homepage
- Contact The Alumni Office
- What happened to...
- Keelite of the Month
- The Keele Society
- News from Keele
- Put in touch
- Directory of Alumni
- Reunions and events
- Keele in the World
- Information and visits
- The Keele Oral History Project
- Keele's Heritage
- Who's Who
- Lost and Found
- Friends of Keele
- Notable Keelites
- Keele Telethons
Friends of Keele
An introduction to the Friends
The Friends of Keele are a wide range of people brought together by a common interest in the ongoing promotion, support and development of Keele University. The Friends' membership includes University alumni, current and former staff, members of the local community, corporate members and local societies. The network provides significant support to Keele by giving both time and donations to key University projects and activities.
Since their launch in 1984, the Friends of Keele have acted as a successful focus for all those who support Keele University, bringing members together for an annual programme of social events whilst offering a wider audience the opportunity for enjoyable and informative interaction and the vital communication of ongoing news about the University's priorities and ambitions.
The Friends of Keele effectively promote the University to many individuals and organisations throughout the region and encourage their interest in Keele's activities and future plans.
The strategic shape and direction which the University will take in the coming years is exciting and distinctive. As the University continues to grow as one of the world's leading open, integrated intellectual communities, we would like to invite you to become involved in the future of Keele by becoming a Friend.
Celebrating 30 years of the Friends
2014 marks the 30th Anniversary of the Friends of Keele and a sense of determination by all involved to continue the growth and development of the Friends and their work. This year sees a broader and more engaging events programme than in previous years to intrigue and entice, with events varying from on-campus cutting-edge research visits to the annual jazz concert with household name Jacqui Dankworth.
We very much hope that you will be able to join us throughout our 30th Anniversary year and that you will make the most of the oppportunities to engage with every aspect of Keele through our inspiring programme.
The Programme of Events for the Friends offers a range of different activities to suit all interests. Each year there are several core event themes which are as follows:
- annual concert: The Friends sponsor a key concert in the Keele Concert Society annual series, and this is usually the Jazz concert at Christmas.
- public lectures: Integrating the Friends of Keele with the annual public lecture series, these include drinks receptions with the events for a more relaxing and engaged atmosphere
- lunch with the Vice Chancellor: This annual event allows the Friends to discuss the advancement of the University with the Vice Chancellor and to share some thoughts with him over a 3 course lunch set in the stunning Terrace Restaurant at Keele Hall.
- on-site research visit: This is an opportunity for the Friends of Keele to explore the work of the University by getting 'hands on' with the latest research projects at Keele. This has included the Keele Active Virtual Environment (KAVE) which is a 3-D patient simulation programme for training students in the Faculty of Health.
- off-site research visit: These visits allow the Friends discounted rates to engage with local community research projects, with a strong focus on local heritage and the ceramics industry.
For further information and subscription rates please contact:
Keele University Science Park
Tel: (01782) 734572
The Friends' Lecture past speakers include:
|Paul Atterbury||Michael Mansfield QC||Cliff Morgan||Dr Rod Hackney|
The Friends have supported:
|Renovation of the
|Restoration of the
|Funds to the Library||The Medical School
Student Fund Award